Purpose

Simply put, this BLOG is all about: LIFE STEWARDSHIP. Below you will find notes from Bible studies that cover basic stewardship principles and how to apply them to our lives.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

File this under, "NOW I GET IT!"

You know those times when the light bulb in your head goes off and you finally understand something?

It happens to me from time-to-time...probably not as often as I'd like it to!  Anyway, today as I was reading my Bible, some things that Adrian Rogers said years ago came back to me!

I was reading about the wrath and judgment of God on sin and sinful mankind.  He was explaining about how the devout Jews of the Old Testament would bring a spotless lamb to the priest.  The lamb would be sacrificed on the altar as a sin offering...God would accept the blood of a spotless lamb offered to take away their sin.  Then came the 'light bulb' moment.  I remembered what Pastor Rogers said.  It was something like this, "The fires of God's judgment would burn out on the sacrifices made on the altar."

For the believer in Jesus Christ, we have this blessed gift:  The fire of God's judgment is burned out on the altar of Jesus' sacrifice.  Think about what that One, Precious, All-sufficient sacrifice has offered to those who will trust in Him.

Did your 'light bulb' come on?  Then join me in praising, thanking and worshiping Jesus Christ, our Savior!

That's all for now, but check back soon for more REDD-INK!

1 comment:

  1. Good things to think about, Randy!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Glad to see you back in the blog world!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete

gold party